5 benefits of weighted blankets, including better sleep
5 benefits of weighted blankets, including better sleep. Quality sleep is essential to good health, but daily life — the stresses of work and family, too much screen time, caffeine, or alcohol — disrupts our body’s natural sleep cycle.
One tool to promote better sleep is a weighted blanket, but the benefits go beyond sleep. Here are five benefits weighted blankets provide:
1. Helps you fall asleep faster — Most people know what it’s like to toss and turn at night just waiting to fall asleep. According to the National Sleep Foundation, it should take 10-20 minutes to fall asleep. If it takes you more time than that there are steps you can take like adding a weighted blanket to your bedtime routine.
2. Helps you stay asleep longer — The CDC says adults should get between seven and nine hours of sleep each night. If you’re in need of more restful slumber, a product like a Tranquility weighted blanket and its calming pressure can help you sleep more soundly with fewer bouts of restlessness so you wake feeling more rested.
3. Enhances relaxation — Weighted blankets offer deep touch pressure, a sensory experience like a soothing hug, which works to relax the nervous system and creates a feeling of calm so you can rest more comfortably. A weighted blanket isn’t just for bedtime — it can be used to create a more relaxing experience when you’re winding down on the couch or even on a Zoom call.
“Research shows that weighted blankets can help with better relaxation and sleep, two things that are critical to overall health,” says wellness expert Jamie Hess of NYCfitfam. “It’s important to take care of yourself, both mentally and physically and I’ve found adding a Tranquility weighted blanket to my daily routine helps me reclaim my calm.”
4. Provides comfort — Many Americans experience stress and anxiety with daily life, and since the onset of COVID-19, more Americans than ever are experiencing these emotions. If someone you know is going through a rough patch, giving the soothing comfort of a weighted blanket can be a thoughtful and personal way to show you care.
5. Makes a thoughtful gift for giving — A weighted blanket can make a great gift for anyone in your life, especially when people may not be gathering like they typically do. Cozy Tranquility weighted blankets are an affordable gift option for everyone on your list.
If you have been on the fence about trying a weighted blanket, these are some reasons to consider this soothing, sleep-inducing comfort.
Find more Tranquility Blankets at Walmart.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?