A Nostalgic Seasonal Treat
Cooler weather often brings about nostalgic cravings for seasonal dishes and desserts. From grandma’s classic pies to the sweet taste of apple cider touching your tongue, Fall is full of flavor, spice, sweets, and treats, just waiting to be devoured with family and loved ones alike. (Culinary.net)
Home chefs will know it’s time to tap into the flavor of fall once that first leaf drops to the ground. The pumpkins are set on porches and little ones all bundle up to go outside and play in the cool breeze. Nearly everyone can tell when the warm and cozy delight is here to stay for the season.
The kitchen is often known as the “heart of the home” and homes all over the country will smell and taste like fall festivities all season long with this recipe for Oatmeal Cream Cookie Sandwiches.
The best part about this timeless recipe is that it’s known to evoke memories from childhood and can help introduce a new generation to a treat many generations before they have enjoyed.
Easy to make and pretty to look at, these cookies are great to make with little ones after a long day of pumpkin carving. Let the kids help with the preparation. They can use many ingredients you may already have in your pantry especially the ones they can reach with their little hands.
The result are a soft and slightly chewy, cinnamon-spiced oatmeal cookies sandwiched around a fluffy layer of vanilla bean cream filling that can keep each member of the family reaching for another.
Serve them to friends, neighbors, kids, and adults and you will notice the delight spread across their faces with the very first bite. This recipe is something scrumptious that makes a statement for the upcoming season.
Find more seasonal dessert recipes and fall flavors for your family at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Oatmeal Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
Vanilla Bean Cream Filling:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make oatmeal cookies: with a mixer, cream butter, dark brown sugar and light brown sugar on medium-high speed until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and oats. Gradually add oat mixture to wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon dough into hands and roll into balls. Flatten balls and place onto prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around edges. Move cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make vanilla bean cream filling: with a mixer, cream butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and heavy cream; mix until combined.
- Pipe or spoon a large dollop of filling on bottom sides of half the cookies; top each with second cookie.
SurBroadcast – Exclusive Domain Names.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?