Grilled Portobello Gyros with Yogurt
Grilled Portobello Gyros with Yogurt Dill Sauce. If feeding your family wholesome meals is a daily goal, keep in mind you can serve up tasty foods that also feed your immune system by including ingredients like mushrooms. With their earthy flavor, mushrooms – like many other fruits and vegetables – can also play a positive role in supporting a healthy immune system.
FRESHCAP MUSHROOMS THAT DO MORE
Grilled Portobello Gyros with Yogurt Dill Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Emily Weeks of “Zen and Spice”
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced
Yogurt Dill Sauce:
- 1 English cucumber, grated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small lemon, juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 4 pita bread or naan
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head green lettuce
- crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Remove stems from mushrooms and brush caps with a wet towel. Using a spoon, carefully scrape out gills. Slice mushrooms into 1/4-inch pieces and place in a medium bowl with olive oil, oregano, and smoked paprika.
- Preheat an indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and peppers; grill, tossing occasionally, until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- To make yogurt dill sauce: Squeeze grated cucumber in a clean towel to remove excess liquid. Add to a large bowl with yogurt, sour cream, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and dill. Stir to combine.
- To serve, place mushrooms and peppers in the middle of pita bread. Top with tomatoes, onion, lettuce, feta, if desired, and a big dollop of yogurt dill sauce.
Find more ways to add mushrooms to family meals at mushroomcouncil.com.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
2 thoughts on “Grilled Portobello Gyros with Yogurt”
Please let me know if you’re looking for a
article author for your site. You have some really good posts and I feel I would be a good asset.
If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back
to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.