A Sweet and Tangy Summer Classic
Lemon bars, while lemon is a traditional summer flavor, you can add a little extra to your gatherings – from picnics and brunches – with this classic dessert. Quick and easy to make, these Lemon Bars feature a soft crust and a tangy, sweet filling topped with powdered sugar.
Find more recipes perfect for summer at Culinary.net.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups, plus 3 tablespoons, all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus additional, for topping
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup light cream, half-and-half or milk
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Line 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil; allow overhang. Grease foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Using pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles crumbs. Press mixture into bottom of baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes.
- To make filling: In medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, remaining flour, lemon zest, lemon juice and light cream.
- Pour filling over hot crust. Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Grasp foil overhang and lift from pan. Cut into bars. Sprinkle powdered sugar over bars before serving.
Originally posted on May 13, 2019 @ 3:31 am