Shareable Snack Coconut Crunch Chia Clusters. A whole-grain food, popcorn has energy-producing carbohydrates and fiber, which can help keep you satisfied longer when looking for an at-home snack to share with loved ones. With no artificial additives or preservatives, light and airy popcorn are naturally low in fat and calories, non-GMO, and gluten-free, making it a sensible option to enjoy one handful at a time or sprinkled with seasonings that satisfy your taste buds in a recipe like Coconut Crunch Chia Clusters.
For more snack ideas that deliver on both flavor and nutrition, visit popcorn.org.
Coconut Crunch Chia Clusters
Yield: 8 cups
- 8 cups unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter, honey, and salt; bring to a light boil, stirring often, until melted.
- Pour sugar mixture over popcorn. Add coconut flakes and chia seeds; toss gently to combine.
- Spread mixture on a prepared baking sheet. Bake about 30 minutes, or until popcorn is lightly toasted. Let cool completely; break into clusters for serving.
Listen while surfing the net, EzzJazz.com
Originally posted on May 24, 2020 @ 10:02 am