A Classic, Slow-Cooked Meal
(Culinary.net) Whether you’re looking for a family meal or a dish to feed a different type of crowd, taking advantage of kitchen tools like your slow cooker can help take the effort out of preparation. Flavored using cranberries and oranges, this Cranberry-Orange Pork Loin is a classic dish that’s perfect for entertaining any type of group.
Find more recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Cranberry-Orange Pork Loin
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pork loin (4 pounds), tied at 1-inch intervals
- 14 ounces cranberry sauce
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 strips orange zest
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Sear pork loin on all sides.
- In slow cooker, stir cranberry sauce, dried cranberries, orange juice, cinnamon and orange zest until combined. Set pork loin in middle of sauce mixture and drizzle sauce over meat.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours, or until meat reaches 140-145 F.
- Transfer pork to cutting board. Remove twine.
- Strain cranberries from slow cooker; set aside. Pour strained liquid into skillet. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer 7-8 minutes.
- Spoon cranberries and sauce over pork loin.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?