Cheesy Baked Cod A Mouthwatering Fish Dinner. During the spring months, Fish can be a popular food for at-home meals. It’s a perfect nutritious option during Lent, and it’s flaky and delicious for seafood lovers and families of all kinds throughout the year.
This Cheesy Basil Cod has a light crust and a glistening center, which creates a delicious bite of texture. Serve it with rice and vegetables to complete a better-for-you Dinner that’s packed with nutrients as well as flavor.
This recipe, rich with cheese and seafood delight, serves four but is easy to double for a larger crowd. It requires just a few kitchen utensils and bakes for less than 15 minutes for a quick meal that’s easy to clean up.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Cheesy Baked Cod
- 3 cod fillets (12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- rice, for serving (optional)
- steamed vegetables, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place Fish fillets on baking sheet and set aside.
- In small bowl, stir mayonnaise with cheese, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over fillets. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until Fish starts looking flaky.
- Switch oven to broil and brown tops of Fish until lightly golden. Remove from oven; cool 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and fresh steamed vegetables, if desired.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?