Hearty and satisfying, this Chicken and Wild Rice Soup can bring everyone together for a warm, soothing meal, while Cheesy Turkey Chili Mac makes for familiar fare enjoyed by adults and kids alike. For a rich, creamy, one-dish dinner solution, Pasta and Chicken in Garlic Cream Sauce require less than 45 minutes of kitchen duty, making it an ideal weeknight family-favorite.
Cheesy Turkey Chili Mac
Recipe courtesy of Milk Means More
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chili peppers
- 1 2/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces (about 1 3/4 cups) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup 2 percent or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Place oil in a removable pan of the programmable pressure cooker. Place pan in the pressure cooker. Using saute function, heat oil until hot. Add turkey and onion. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to break up. Press cancel.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, broth, chili powder, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir in macaroni. Secure lid and set pressure release to sealing function. Select the high-pressure setting and cook for 5 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 2 minutes. Move pressure release to venting function to release any remaining steam. Remove lid.
- Stir macaroni mixture. Whisk together milk and flour. Stir into macaroni mixture. Using saute function, cook and stir, uncovered, 1-2 minutes, or until boiling. Press cancel.
- Stir cheese into macaroni mixture until melted. Ladle into serving bowls. Spoon dollops of yogurt or sour cream on top.