Drumstick-Quinoa Make Supper a Cinch. Sheet pan suppers make it easy to create dishes with exceptional flavor depth that come together quickly and clean up just as fast, and keeping a variety of vegetables on hand helps make it simple to pull together a family meal. This Easy Drumstick-Quinoa Sheet Pan Supper from the National Onion Association and Idaho-Eastern Oregon Onion Committee is a perfect solution for busy weeknights. Find more versatile recipes that can make serving up a family meal simple at onions-usa.org and usaonions.com.
Easy Drumstick-Quinoa Sheet Pan Supper
Recipe courtesy of the National Onion Association and Idaho-Eastern Oregon Onion Committee
- 8-10 chicken legs
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, cubed
- 1 orange (1/4 cup juice and zest)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- orange rind curls
- brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Line 13-by-18-inch sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place chicken legs on pan. Spread fennel, yellow onion, red onion, garlic and potatoes around and in between legs.
- In small bowl, whisk together orange juice and zest, thyme and olive oil. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Cook rice and quinoa.
- Garnish chicken with parsley and orange curls. Serve over brown rice and quinoa.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?