Get Grilling with Fresh Ingredients
Grilling season provides ample opportunities to put the flavorful fare on the table, but it doesn’t have to be a lengthy cooking process. By planning ahead, having the right equipment on-hand and using ready-to-go ingredients, home cooks can quickly put family meals together. (Family Features)
With an option like Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork, which is perfectly seasoned and ready to throw on the grill, you can have a delicious meal ready in 30 minutes or less. Available in a variety of flavors and quality cuts, it’s ideal for grilling, roasting, or sauteing any night of the week. To get ready for your next grilling occasion, try something new like Grilled Pork Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce or Grilled Pork and Potato Planks.
To help make this a successful grilling season, visit SmithfieldGetGrilling.com for more grilling tips and a chance to win $5,000.
Grilled Pork Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 small zucchini squash, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 1/4-inch wedges
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- olive oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Heat grill to 375° F. Alternately thread fresh pork cubes, zucchini, peppers and onions onto bamboo skewers. Brush kebabs lightly with olive oil.
- In food processor, process cucumbers and garlic until finely chopped. Drain liquid from cucumbers. Stir cucumbers with yogurt, lemon juice, dill, sea salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill fresh pork skewers approximately 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until char marks form and pork is cooked through.
- Garnish skewers with parsley and serve with tzatziki sauce for dipping.
Grilled Pork and Potato Planks
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Smithfield Roasted Garlic and Cracked Black Pepper Pork Tenderloins
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold or red potatoes, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat or regular sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium; spray grates with nonstick cooking spray. Grill tenderloins until internal temperature reaches 150° F, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Brush both sides of potato slices with oil; grill 15-20 minutes until just tender, turning occasionally. Remove potatoes and pork from grill.
- Top potatoes with cheese, sour cream and onions. Serve with tenderloins cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?