How to Make Crème Brûlée
Dazzle your guests with a decadent dessert like this Crème Brûlée. With a rich and creamy filling topped with a sugary crust, these individual-sized sweets can provide a perfect ending to nearly any get-together.
Find more dessert recipes at www.culinary.net.
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- vanilla sugar
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream, vanilla, and cardamom to simmer, whisking occasionally. Do not boil. Remove pan from heat and let rest 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg yolks. Slowly whisk warm cream into egg mixture until smooth.
- Set ramekins into a baking dish with sides. Pour mixture into ramekins. Pour boiling water into the baking dish about halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until custard is firm. Chill 1 hour.
- Before serving, evenly sprinkle vanilla sugar on top. Use a kitchen torch to caramelize vanilla sugar.
Recipe adapted from Milk Means More.
Originally posted on July 1, 2019 @ 3:07 am