Peanut Butter Crunch A Protein-Packed Dessert
Adding better-for-you recipes to your family’s menu can be as simple as incorporating protein with ingredients that enhance flavor and nutrition. (Family Features)
For example, this Peanut Butter Crunch is powered by peanuts, a nutrient-rich superfood that delivers 19 vitamins and minerals plus 7 grams of protein per serving. It’s a simple, sweet way to enjoy an at-home dessert without ditching health goals.
Visit gapeanuts.com to find more recipes that pack a protein punch.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Peanut Butter Crunch
Yield: 2 dozen squares
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 jar (12 ounces) crunchy peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- coconut flakes, for topping (optional)
- chocolate chips, for topping (optional)
- melted chocolate, for topping (optional)
- sprinkles, for topping (optional)
- In 2-quart microwave-safe container, stir syrup and sugar.
- Microwave 1 1/2-2 minutes on high, or until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
- Mix in cereal.
- Pour into 8-by-12-inch buttered pan.
- When cooled, cut into squares and top with coconut flakes, chocolate chips, melted chocolate or sprinkles, if desired.
Georgia Peanut Commission
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?