Power Brunch with a Protein-Packed Burrito. A well-rounded brunch calls for a multitude of dishes and beverages, but it wouldn’t be complete without a protein-packed recipe to get the day started.
This delicious Breakfast Burrito is loaded with colorful veggies and Silver Fern Farms 100% grass-fed strip steak. Hailing from New Zealand, home to some of the world’s most natural tasting beef and lamb, this premium cut of beef is aged 21 days and minimally processed with no added growth hormones or antibiotics. The animals are grass-fed year-round and allowed to roam and graze freely, so the beef offers a lean, flavorful texture that tastes just as nature intended.
Visit silverfernfarms.com to find more at-home brunch inspiration.
- 1 Silver Fern Farms New Zealand 100% Grass-Fed New York Strip Steak (10 ounces)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 1/2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- lime wedges (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Remove steak from packaging and set aside 10 minutes. Once steak reaches room temperature, heat pan over medium-high heat.
- Rub steak with oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook until medium-rare, approximately 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from pan and cover loosely with tinfoil to rest 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add splash of oil. Add onion; cook 1 minute. Add red bell pepper and mushrooms; cook 1 minute.
- Add cumin, paprika and chili powder; stir through.
- When veggies are tender (about 2 minutes), add tomato and cook until soft. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat pan to medium heat and add splash of oil.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and cook, lifting and folding eggs until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Lay tortillas on flat surface or plate.
- In center of tortilla, add cooked veggies and top with thinly sliced beef. Add handful of spinach, scrambled eggs, crumbled feta, cilantro and avocado. Fold bottom of tortilla and roll.
- Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce, if desired.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?