A Quick School Night Meal
Quick Meal Cheeseburger Turnovers. Here is a dinner idea for those busy school nights. With a busy life, why not put a little quickness with this quick night meal. I mean who doesn’t love cheeseburgers? Don’t fret, this recipe for Cheeseburger Turnovers is easy enough the kids can help, too. (Culinary.net)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 can of flaky biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- dill pickle slices halved
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is thoroughly cooked and onions are tender. Drain. Stir in ketchup and mustard.
- Separate biscuit dough. On an ungreased baking sheet, flatten biscuit dough to form 6-inch rounds. Spoon beef mixture onto one side of the flattened dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with dill pickle half. Fold dough overfilling. With fork tines, press dough edges to seal. Cut two slits on top of the dough to release steam.
- Brush each turnover with egg wash.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until deep golden brown.