Sauteed Mushroom and Sun-Dried Tomato Avocado Toast. Plant-based diets are a tenet of sustainable eating and mushrooms are often included as part of the movement. Known for their inherent umami flavor and nutrition properties, mushrooms are recognized for their unique growing process and need for minimal natural resources used during production, which makes mushrooms both healthy on the plate and gentle on the planet.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional, for drizzling
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves kosher salt, to taste
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 4 slices of toasted bread
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- In skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and gently incorporate with tomatoes. Add water and stir well until water evaporates and mushrooms darken and become tender about 4 minutes. Add thyme and salt, to taste. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble, gently smash half of each avocado over one slice of toast. Top each slice of toast with a mushroom mixture. Top each with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with olive oil before serving.
With ARDELLES Save Time with Easy Meal Hacks. If it feels as though your life is too busy, you’re not alone. Many families experience the feeling of constant busyness, but there are ways to save time around the house and lift some of those burdens.