Sustainable Frittata – Deliver Flavor and Nutrition Despite Busy Schedules
Sustainable Frittata – Deliver Flavor and Nutrition Despite Busy Schedules. Whether you enjoy it together in the morning before getting the day started or mix it up with breakfast for dinner, this Sustainable Frittata is called “sustainable” because you can use leftover cheeses, veggies, ham, sausage and more to recycle ingredients you already have on hand.
Visit milkmeansmore.org to find more recipes perfect for bringing loved ones together.
Recipe courtesy of Jenn Fillenworth of “Jenny With the Good Eats” on behalf of Milk Means More
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk, half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheese, any variety
- 3 cups assorted cooked vegetables and pre-cooked meats
- fresh herbs, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Preheat cast-iron pan or oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, milk and salt then add shredded cheese.
- Add cooked vegetables and meats to pan to reheat. Once vegetables have softened, add egg mixture to pan and scramble. Let sit over medium heat 1 minute.
- Carefully transfer to oven and bake 10-15 minutes. Frittata is done when eggs have set. Remove from oven and top with fresh herbs.
United Dairy Industry of Michigan
Eggs Beyond Breakfast? Yup. Here’s How!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1 thought on “Sustainable Frittata – Deliver Flavor and Nutrition Despite Busy Schedules”