3 Bean and Steak Salad for a quick family meal filled with Flavor. When cooking for the family, don’t sacrifice flavor in order to create a quick meal. Mouthwatering recipes can be at your fingertips with simple, tasty twists on family favorites for the dinner table.
3 Bean and Steak Salad
Recipe courtesy of Carolyn Mazzocco
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 1 can (15 ounces) READ 3 Bean Salad
- 1 ribeye or top sirloin steak (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs, such as parsley, thyme, dill, basil, chives or tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Drain bean salad. Reserve half of the liquid. Place beans and reserved liquid in a large bowl.
- Heat cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillets over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush both sides of steak with oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
- In a skillet, cook steak 4 minutes on each side, or to the desired doneness. Remove from pan. Allow steak to rest 10 minutes, covered lightly with aluminum foil; slice.
- In a bowl, combine arugula and herbs with bean salad. Toss gently to combine.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk oil, yogurt, lemon juice, horseradish, salt, and pepper. Set aside. Whisk again before serving.
- Divide salad between two plates. Top evenly with steak slices. Drizzle dressing over salads.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?