3 Bean and Steak Salad for a quick family meal filled with Flavor. When cooking for the family, don’t sacrifice flavor in order to create a quick meal. Mouthwatering recipes can be at your fingertips with simple, tasty twists on family favorites for the dinner table.
3 Bean and Steak Salad
- 1 can (15 ounces) READ 3 Bean Salad
- 1 ribeye or top sirloin steak (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs, such as parsley, thyme, dill, basil, chives or tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Drain bean salad. Reserve half of the liquid. Place beans and reserved liquid in a large bowl.
- Heat cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillets over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush both sides of steak with oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
- In a skillet, cook steak 4 minutes on each side, or to the desired doneness. Remove from pan. Allow steak to rest 10 minutes, covered lightly with aluminum foil; slice.
- In a bowl, combine arugula and herbs with bean salad. Toss gently to combine.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk oil, yogurt, lemon juice, horseradish, salt, and pepper. Set aside. Whisk again before serving.
- Divide salad between two plates. Top evenly with steak slices. Drizzle dressing over salads.