Avocado Veggie Wonder Sandwich, comfort food consumption is on the rise. As families spend more time at home, Americans are finding comfort in a surprising source: bread. In fact, a 20-year trend of declining grain food consumption has been reversed.
A national study by the Grain Food Foundation suggests that the turnaround is more than a one-time sales blip due to pantry loading. In reality, consumers count bread among their top comfort foods. The study revealed one-third of Americans named pasta and bread as foods that are comforting during a stressful time.
Avocado Veggie Wonder Sandwich
Recipe courtesy of the Grain Foods Foundation
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bread
- 4 slices tomato
- 8 slices cucumber
- 12 slices sweet bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, lemon juice, and salt. Spread mixture evenly over two bread slices.
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, and peppers on the covered surface. Drizzle with vinegar.
- Layer lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, and peppers evenly between slices of bread, creating two sandwiches.
Pork Chops made the USA way.