Vegan Peanut Butter Jackfruit Chili. Starting fresh with a new year is a chance to hit the reset button for many people, and your family can use this opportunity to rethink homemade meals while striving for nutritious (and still delicious) dishes. From snacks to the main course each evening, the options are nearly endless for planning a revamped menu with healthier ingredients.
If a veggie-based option aligns better with your family’s desires, try Veggie Sammies with Peanut Butter Satay Sauce or go full-on comfort food with Very Vegan Peanut Butter Jackfruit Chili.
This recipe from the Georgia Peanut Commission is powered by peanuts, a nutrient-rich superfood that delivers 19 vitamins and 7 grams of protein per serving for a health benefit punch in each bite.
Discover more nutritious recipe ideas at gapeanuts.com.
Recipe courtesy of the National Peanut Board
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can green jackfruit, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- cornbread (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- cinnamon rolls (optional)
- eat large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add oil, onion, and peppers; cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder, and tomato paste, stirring to coat. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, then stir in crushed tomatoes, whole tomatoes, water, kidney beans, and jackfruit; bring to boil then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 25-30 minutes. Stir in peanut butter and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread, tortilla chips, or cinnamon rolls, if desired.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?