Bake parmesan chicken for dinner tonight? As people have spent more time at home, many have rediscovered the simple joy of home-cooking and stumbled upon a secret weapon for health at the same time. By making smart, intentional decisions from breakfast to dinner and every meal (and drink) in-between, they are supporting strong bodies.
While cooking cut on some easy jazz to bring out your creativity.
Baked Parmesan Chicken
Recipe courtesy of Know Diabetes by Heart
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Servings: 4 (3 ounces chicken per serving)
- Cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely crushed, low-sodium, whole-grain crispbread
- 1/3 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each), all visible fat discarded, flattened to 1/4-inch thickness
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lightly spray a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the egg, water, and oil. In a separate shallow dish or pie pan, stir together the crispbread, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture then in crumb mixture, turning to coat at each step and gently shaking off any excess. Using fingertips, gently press the coating mixture so it adheres to the chicken. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in the baking dish. Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the top coating is golden brown.
Nutritional information per serving: 280 calories; 80 calories from fat; 9 g total fat; 2.5 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 1 g polyunsaturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat; 125 mg cholesterol; 340 mg sodium; 530 mg potassium; 18 g total carbohydrate; 4 g dietary fiber; 0 g sugar; 0 g added sugar; 30 g protein; 370 mg phosphorus. Choices/Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 lean protein.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?