Gilled buttermilk chicken for your meal tonight. Keep your kitchen cool and comfortable with grilled meals that banish the heat to the outdoors. Crisp, fresh greens, and a perfect blend of spices and savory ingredients make each of these refreshing dishes perfect solutions for toasty days.
Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
Recipe courtesy of Lori Yates of Foxes Love Lemons on behalf of Milk Means More
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 chicken drumsticks, bone in, skin on
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- vegetable oil, for grill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- In medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, mustard powder, Sriracha, garlic and paprika.
- Place chicken in large zip-top bag; pour buttermilk mixture over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade, shaking off excess; discard marinade. Lightly oil grill grates. Transfer chicken to grill and cook, turning occasionally, 16-18 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.