Blend Your Way to a Nutritious Meal
Blended Tacos Creating a nutritious family dinner doesn’t have to mean sacrificing favorite dishes. For a healthier take on a traditional ethnic meal, these Blended Tacos involve blending ground beef with mushrooms before adding your desired toppings. Find more recipes at Culinary.net.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council
Yield: 12 tacos
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound 80 percent lean ground beef
- 12 crunchy taco shells, warmed
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 large tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt. Stir in water and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chopped mushrooms and ground beef and cook thoroughly about 7-10 minutes. Carefully drain excess grease, if necessary.
- Add seasoning mixture to mushroom-meat mixture and stir to combine. Bring to simmer and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- To assemble, add about 1/4 cup mushroom-meat mixture to the bottom of each taco shell. Layer shells with cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce, if desired.
SurBroadcast – Exclusive Domain Names
Ezz Jazz – Jazz at it’s BEST.
Originally posted on April 29, 2019 @ 11:05 pm