A Sweet, Chocolaty Dessert
(Culinary.net) When it comes to dessert, it’s hard to beat chocolate as the main ingredient for dishes of all kinds. Add a twist to your next treatment with the sweet taste of caramel in this Chocolate Caramel Pie.
Find more dessert recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch the video to see how to make this recipe!
Chocolate Caramel Pie
- 1 package (15 ounces) pie crust
- 24 caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated sweet baking chocolate, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate chip morsels
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated sweet baking chocolate
- Heat oven to 450° F. Prepares pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie dish. Bake 8-9 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- To make the filling: In a medium bowl, combine caramels and water. Melt in microwave, stirring frequently. Stir in brown sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract, eggs, and walnuts.
- Reduce oven to 350° F. Pour filling into cooled pie shell. Return to oven. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until edges of filling are set.
- Cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle 3/4 cup grated chocolate over pie. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- To make topping: In a small glass bowl, combine white chocolate morsels and milk. Melt in microwave, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until peaks form. Fold in melted white chocolate mixture. Spread over cooled filling. Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?