Seafood Grilled Summer Meals
Seafood Grilled Summer Meals. Grilled meals provide a summer escape for many families by offering opportunities to spend moments together while enjoying flavorful dishes. As Americans face uncertainty in many aspects of life, one place they should be able to turn to for normalcy is food. (Family Features)
One option that checks boxes including comfort, fun, taste, and variety: seafood. As a nutritious protein available across the country, it is versatile and can be paired with a variety of cuisines and flavors. Options range from salmon and shrimp to crab, tuna, and more.
To encourage hungry Americans to enjoy the many benefits of eating seafood, the “Eat Seafood America” campaign offers these reasons to add fish, shrimp, and more to your menu:
- Whether you order online, head to a store or purchase fresh from a local fisherman, seafood is widely available.
- Seafood works for a variety of dishes and cooking methods, such as these recipes for Easy Shrimp Skewers, a light, and hassle-free family meal, or Seared Salmon with Mediterranean Salsa, a fun spin on cowboy caviar.
- Seafood provides essential nutrients that support immune health, such as omega-3s that may even help reduce anxiety, according to research published by “The Journal of the American Medical Association.”
- Purchasing seafood supports 2 million American jobs for men and women who follow high levels of food safety practices to provide sustainable seafood.
- Seafood offers an escape as a way for families to enjoy a favorite meal that reminds loved ones of vacation memories from oceanside paradises.
Find more ways to add seafood to your summer menu at eatseafoodamerica.com .
Easy Shrimp Skewers
Recipe courtesy of Annessa Chumbley, RDN, on behalf of the Seafood Nutrition Partnership
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 10 wooden skewers
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into large chunks
- 2 medium bell peppers (any color), cut into large chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 10-12 ounces cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
- olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice only
- In a bowl, soak skewer sticks in the water at least 10 minutes to prevent burning on the grill). Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Build skewers by alternating zucchinis, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and shrimp, pushing ingredients closely together on each skewer. Brush each with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, to taste.
- Cook skewers about 9 minutes, rotating every 3 minutes until veggies and shrimp are seared but not overcooked. Remove and place on a large platter.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.
Seared Salmon with Mediterranean Salsa
Recipe courtesy of Annessa Chumbley, RDN, on behalf of the Seafood Nutrition Partnership Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-6 salmon filets (each about 1-inch thick)
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can quartered or chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 handful fresh spinach, chopped
- balsamic glaze
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Sear salmon fillets 4 minutes. Sprinkle tops of each salmon filet with sea salt, to taste. Flip and cook 4 minutes until barely done. Remove to a serving platter.
- In a medium bowl, make the salsa by gently folding together chickpeas, artichoke hearts, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, feta, and spinach. Sprinkle with sea salt, to taste. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and spoon salsa over each salmon filet.
- Refrigerate leftover salsa.
Seafood Nutrition Partnership
Sticky Cinnamon Bacon Roll-ups
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1 thought on “Seafood Grilled Summer Meals”
We are DIRECT DISTRIBUTION, one of the hypermarket company based in France. We Operate in all kinds of products like,Wine,liquor drinks,spirit drinks,shoes,Cosmetics,Olive oil,Cooking Oil, Generator set, Batteries, Batteries,Bags,LED light,Foods,Building Equipment/ Materials, home appliances,Phones,TV, Chocolate’s e.t.c.
We look forward to an establishment of a long term business relationship between all manufactures and distributors in all kinds of products.
TERMS OF PAYMENT: 30 DAYS AFTER INVOICE DATE
Please if interested,Kindly reply us by stating the following facts, Products catalogue/Prices (in attachment or by email) in other to send you an order. If i have reached the wrong department please direct me to the concerned person.Reply direct to our company email address ([email protected])
RTE DE BONNETABLE,LECLERC 72000 LE MANS FRANCE.