Wake up the family with the delicious smell of blueberry-pecan scones baking in the oven.
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Cooking spray
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gently fold in blueberries and pecans. Add milk mixture, stirring just until moist (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface; pat dough into an 8-inch circle. Cut dough into 10 wedges, and place the dough wedges on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush egg white over dough wedges; sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake scones at 375° for 18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.
Watch this video to see how to make this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]