Light bites and summer just seem to go hand-in-hand, especially when the temperature outside means turning on the oven is out of the question. Whether you’re trying to put a meal on the table quickly or serving a crowd at your next summer get-together, putting a few small twists on seasonal favorites, such as Caesar salad kits, can be a perfect solution when you want to kick back and relax instead of spending extra time in the kitchen. (Family Features)
With more than 100 varieties of fresh, healthy and convenient ready-to-eat salads – including nine Caesar salad varieties – Fresh Express offers tasty and versatile salad kits that feature premium ingredients and can be eaten as a standalone salad or dressed up in next to no time to make mealtime a true celebration of the season.
For example, this Muffuletta Caesar Sandwich gets its flavor from the Caesar Chopped Salad Kit, which includes chopped romaine, Parmesan Caesar dressing and savory croutons topped with cracked pepper and grated Parmesan cheese. Simply fill two bread bowls with giardiniera, red peppers, green olives, celery, parsley, salami, cheese and salad then combine to meld the flavors for a tasty take on an Italian specialty sandwich.
Or add breaded calamari to the classic, restaurant-style Caesar Salad Kit featuring crisp romaine lettuce, rich and flavorful Caesar dressing, crunchy garlic croutons and Parmesan cheese for a perfect first-course salad, no trip to a restaurant needed.
Muffuletta Caesar Sandwich
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild or hot giardiniera, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) chopped green olives, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 round loaf Italian bread (2 pounds)
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 8 ounces sliced Genoa salami
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 3 packages (9.4 ounces each) Fresh Express Caesar Chopped Salad Kits
- 8 ounces sliced mortadella
- In bowl, combine giardiniera, red peppers, olives, celery, parsley and 2 tablespoons reserved giardiniera liquid; mix well.
- Cut bread in half horizontally; tear out some bread, leaving about 1/2-inch to create bowl. Fill bottom bread bowl with olive salad. Layer with provolone cheese, salami and mozzarella cheese.
- Place greens from one salad kit into bowl; toss with salad dressing. Add toppings; toss to combine. Place in top bread bowl; layer with mortadella.
- Carefully flip top half of bread over and place on top of fillings in bottom half. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap; press down to compress. Let sit 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Cut sandwich into eight wedges.
- Make remaining two salad kits to serve as side dish.
Calamari Caesar Salad
- 1 package (10 ounces) breaded calamari
- 1 package (9.8 ounces) Fresh Express Caesar Salad Kit
- 8 Campari tomatoes, sliced
- 4 lemon wedges
- Bake calamari according to package directions.
- In large bowl, toss greens from salad kit with salad dressing. Add toppings; toss to combine.
- Divide salad evenly among four plates. Top each with calamari, tomatoes and lemon wedge. Serve with sauce from calamari package.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?