It’s hard to resist a perfectly blended, rose-red, luscious Red Velvet Mug Cake.
It’s a perfect size, with just a handful of instructions, and it’s easily cooked before your eyes in the microwave. That’s right, the microwave.
This mug cake is a simple way to make something delicious and keep the portions small. Whether you have a small party, just you and your loved one, or just simply want something easy and small, this quick treat is designed just for you.
Then add milk, melted butter, vanilla, and red food coloring. Use a spoon and stir the ingredients together until blended.
Mix powdered sugar and cream cheese then drop the mixture into the cake batter and mix once more. Microwave the mug for up to 3 minutes until your cake is baked.
Red Velvet Mug Cake
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 30 drops red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- In 12-ounce mug, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add milk, butter, vanilla and food coloring; mix until blended.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Drop cream cheese mixture into cake batter. Press into batter until covered.
- Microwave up to 3 minutes until cake is done.