Spicy Yet Savory Poppers. Your guests won’t be able to have just one of these sweet and savory poppers. With a touch of heat from the cayenne pepper and sweetness from brown sugar, you’re almost sure to watch them quickly disappear.
For more recipes, visit culinary.net.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 packages Bob Evans Thick Sliced Hardwood Smoked Bacon, slices cut in half
- 1 package Bob Evans White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- 1 package garlic herb cheese spread
- 20 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded with membranes removed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F. Set bacon out to thaw to room temperature so it is pliable.
- In mixing bowl, use rubber spatula to combine mashed potatoes and garlic herb cheese. Stir until incorporated. Spread 1 teaspoon mashed potato mixture in each jalapeno half; level each with butter knife or spatula.
- Wrap each jalapeno with bacon; use three half slices for large jalapenos or two halves for smaller sizes. Be sure bacon is wrapped sealing in mashed potato mixture tightly.
- In small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Generously sprinkle over bacon and pat gently to make it stick.
- Line cookie sheet with piece of parchment paper so sugar does not burn to pan. Bake until bacon reaches desired crispiness, around 25-35 minutes.
- Let peppers cool slightly before serving, about 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Bob Evans.
Originally posted on April 29, 2019 @ 5:39 pm