Sweet Apple Cake Sweetness. It’s almost impossible to beat the combination of sweet fruit and decadent desserts. This delicious recipe for Apple Cake highlights the crisp fruit but also the cinnamon sugar-flavored pastry. It’s luscious but doesn’t overdo it on the sweet meter with just the right mix of flavors. (Culinary.net)
The cake is baked with the apples inside as the middle layer, which creates a moist, finished product. The apples are gooey, baked in a cinnamon-sugar coating, making them a sweet and light complement to the perfectly baked cake.
This cake is perfect for any get-together, families looking for an after-dinner indulgence, or anyone who just loves fruity desserts. It’s delectable enough for fancy occasions, but also simple enough to make at home for just a couple.
- 3 cups Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons, plus 2 cups, sugar, divided
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- icing (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix apples, cinnamon, and 5 tablespoons sugar until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined. Form well in the middle of the mixture. Add oil, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla; mix until blended.
- In a springform pan, pour half of the batter. Add apple mixture. Pour remaining batter over apple mixture. Sprinkle remaining sugar over batter.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean and dry.
- Drizzle with icing, if desired.