Diversify Your Dinner Menu
Crafting quick, easy, nutritious meals is one of the most common goals for home chefs, yet it may sometimes be difficult to keep the menu feeling fresh and new. By introducing a variety of ingredients, you can broaden the horizons of your family’s dinner options.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup za’atar seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) flatbreads
- 1 onion (4 ounces), finely chopped
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tomato (6 ounces), cored and chopped
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 425° F. In small bowl, combine za’atar seasoning and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon za’atar mixture on each flatbread. Arrange flatbreads on large baking sheet; set aside.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, heat remaining olive oil. Cook onion 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add veal and cook 4-5 minutes until no longer pink, stirring to break up meat.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in feta cheese. Spoon 1/4 veal mixture onto each flatbread. Sprinkle each flatbread with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until hot. Sprinkle each flatbread with parsley.