Veal Parmesan Sandwiches, have you tried one? Let me tell you WOW. Veal Parmesan Sandwiches From sandwiches to salads, the versatility of an ingredient like veal can help you build out a full menu with a wide.
Classic Veal Parmesan Sandwiches
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 6 veal cutlets (3 ounces each)
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg wash
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 12 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 sub rolls
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Pound each veal cutlet between sheets of parchment or plastic wrap until 1/4-inch thick.
- Blot veal dry. Season each cutlet with salt and pepper, to taste. Dredge veal in flour; shake off excess. Dip in egg wash and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about 1/8-inch oil to about 350 F. Working in batches, add breaded veal to hot oil and pan-fry the first side until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes. Turn once and pan-fry the second side until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 F, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels or wire rack set over a baking sheet.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce to each veal cutlet and sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese on top. Add one slice of provolone and mozzarella cheese to each cutlet.
- Place veal parmesan in oven for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt and veal is hot.
- Add veal to sub rolls and serve.