Vegetarian Ramen Zoodle Bowls. The start of a new year brings with it new opportunities to better yourself in all kinds of ways, including your health. Start by evaluating your at-home menu to make sure it aligns with your nutritional goals.
Vegetarian Ramen Zoodle Bowls
- 4 large eggs
- ice water
- 2 cups fresh water
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 5 ounces (3 cups) broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 ounces (4 cups) spiralized zucchini
- 5 ounces (5 packed cups) baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons, white miso paste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional, to taste, divided
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, plus additional for garnish, to taste
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts, for garnish
- chili garlic sauce, for garnish
- 1 cup shredded raw carrot, for garnish
- 4 tablespoons crushed peanuts, for garnish
- In large saucepan of gently boiling water, cook eggs 7 minutes then transfer to bowl of ice water.
- Drain cooking water from saucepan then add broth and fresh water. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and cook 3 minutes then add zucchini and spinach. Continue cooking until spinach is wilted and zucchini is crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Ladle about 1/2 cup broth from saucepan into small bowl. Add miso paste and 1/4 teaspoon salt; whisk to combine. Return mixture to soup, add sesame oil and stir to combine. Add additional salt, to taste. Cover to keep warm.
- Remove eggs from ice bath; peel then cut in half lengthwise. Ladle 2 cups soup into four serving bowls. Top each portion with one egg and 1/2 cup sprouts. Drizzle with chili garlic sauce and additional sesame oil, to taste. Top each serving with 1/4 cup shredded carrot and 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts.