Delicious Caramel Cheesecake
Perfect for the holidays! This delicious cheesecake topped with creamy caramel, crunchy pecans, and a wafer crust will be the rave of the party. For more dessert recipes, go to culinary.net.
- 46 crushed wafers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16-18 whole vanilla wafers for side of form
- 3 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 26 caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- CRUST: Mix crushed wafers and sugar then stir in melted butter. Press wafer mix onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Arrange whole vanilla wafers around sides of the pan.
- FILLING: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Next beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add lightly whisked eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the center is nearly set, 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- TOPPING: In a microwave, melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans.
NOTE: To freeze cheesecake: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze. To use, thaw in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?