Pecan Asian Turkey Meatball Wraps. A nutritious and versatile ingredient, American Pecans can be your secret weapon for a variety of entertaining occasions. Add one bag of pecans to your shopping list and transform standby recipes into wholesome and delicious meals and snacks for the whole crowd.
Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey thigh
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (about 2 stalks)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 cup fresh pecans
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- chopped scallions (optional)
- cilantro leaves (optional)
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- To make meatballs: Using hands, combine ground turkey, green onions, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic and powdered ginger.
- In food processor, pulse pecans until coarsely ground to similar consistency as panko bread crumbs.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon meat mixture at a time and roll into meatballs. Roll meatballs in ground pecans until evenly coated.
- Place pecan-crusted meatballs on parchment-lined baking sheet; bake approximately 20 minutes. Flip after 15 minutes.
- To make sauce: In small saucepan over medium heat, combine soy sauce, cornstarch, fish sauce and sesame oil. Stir until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Sprinkle lettuce cups with shredded carrots. Place meatballs on top and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with scallions and cilantro, if desired.