A Sweet Seasonal Shake
St. Patrick’s Day may call to mind hearty meals and pots o’ gold, but that doesn’t mean sweets can’t be part of the equation, too. Add dessert to your celebration with this green St. Patty’s Minty Shake, a cold, refreshing way to honor the colorful tradition.
Find more seasonal dessert recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
St. Patty’s Minty Shake
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 ounces Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- 3 scoops mint chocolate chip ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- chopped sugar cookies, for garnish (optional)
- pistachios, for garnish (optional)
- mint chocolate candy, for garnish (optional)
- Using a mixer, whisk whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add peppermint extract and powdered sugar; mix until well blended. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend milk, liqueur and ice cream until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup inside soda glass. Pour ice cream mixture into a glass. Top with whipped cream and garnish with cookies, pistachios and mint chocolate candy, if desired.