Maple Breakfast Braid. Deliver Maple Flavor in the Morning. It’s hard to beat a fresh, oven-baked breakfast to start the day, especially one loaded with sausage and eggs complemented by the sweetness of diced apples and maple syrup. This Maple Breakfast Braid delivers a tempting flavor combination perfect for a weekend morning with loved ones. (Culinary.net)
Maple Breakfast Braid
- 1 package (16 ounces) breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups dry herb stuffing mix
- 1 package (17 1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, syrup, beaten eggs, green onions, diced apples, and stuffing mix.
- Dust surface with flour; roll out pastry sheet to a 12-by-18-inch rectangle. Transfer pastry to a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon half of the sausage mixture down the center of the pastry.
- Make 3-inch cuts downsides of pastry. Fold one strip at a time, alternating sides. Fold both ends to seal in filling. In a bowl, beat egg whites and water; brush over pastry.
- Repeat steps for the second pastry sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until brown, rotating pans after baking 15 minutes.