A perfect addition to your brunch table, these savory Mini Ham and Avocado Biscuit Sliders are quick and easy to make. For even more homemade flavor, make the biscuits from scratch using a buttermilk-sweet potato mixture.
Find more brunch recipes at Culinary.net.
Mini Ham and Avocado Biscuit Sliders
Recipe adapted from Wilton
- 2 cups, plus 1 tablespoon, all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup buttermilk, divided
- 1 medium sweet potato, boiled, peeled, and mashed
- spinach leaves
- deli ham
- 1 avocado
- Heat oven to 425° F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, sage, and paprika. With a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 3/4 cup buttermilk and mashed sweet potato. Stir into flour mixture until dough forms.
- Using remaining flour to prepare the surface, knead until dough forms. Roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut dough into 18 biscuits. Re-roll and cut out the dough until all is used.
- Place biscuits on a prepared baking sheet. Brush each biscuit with remaining buttermilk.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Split biscuits in half. The top-bottom half of the biscuit with spinach leaves, deli ham, and an avocado slice. Replace the biscuit top and serve immediately.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?